- Programs & Events
- Parties & Rentals
- Change Password
- Edit My Address
- Lost Password
- View Order
MCM Special Events
Something is happening every day at Madison Children’s Museum, but we also have special events throughout the year. We look forward to seeing you there!
Soulful Stitching: Patchwork Quilts by African Siddis
On display now in the Community Concourse
Vibrant quilts by African Indian women (or Siddi) are featured on the first floor. Stop by to see first-hand colorful kawandi that mix African descent and Indian culture. All displayed quilts are on sale with 100% of proceeds benefitting the Siddi Women’s Quilting Cooperative in Karnataka, India.
Co-curated by Henry J. Drewal, UW Department of Art History, and Sarah K. Khan, executive director of Tasting Cultures Foundation, New York.
Photos courtesy of Henry J. Drewal.
Winter Wonder Week
December 30 – January 4
Chill out on the Rooftop Ramble and experiment with sounds produced by dry ice and melting ice; build ice sculptures in Urb Garden; use science and math to engineer one-of-a-kind snowflakes; and enjoy a Winter Tea Party featuring teas from around the world in the Rooftop Clubhouse!
Browse our calendar for the week of December 30 – January 4 for programming details.
December 13 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Forget about stuffy office parties! Don your ugliest holiday sweater (with prizes for the best!) and join us for an end-of-year celebration that is pure, festive fun.
- Enjoy the musical stylings of A Neil Diamond Christmas, featuring members of the storied Mad Cabaret.
- Gather ‘round the Festivus Pole for a photo op.
- Make handcrafted gifts for family and friends, including tie dyed silk scarves, letterpress cards, and upcycled ornaments.
- Enjoy tales of awkward holidays past with “What’s Your Damage?”: holiday-themed readings from our readers’ adolescent journals.
- Get to know Krampas, the Christmas Devil!
- There will be prizes for the best holiday sweater!
Ages 21 & up. Beer, wine and pizza available for purchase.