- Programs & Events
- Parties & Rentals
Awaken memories through art with SPARK!
Madison Children’s Museum hosts free monthly 90-minute programs that work to tap into the memories of adults living with Alzheimer’s and dementia while bringing family together.
To register for this popular program, call 608.256.6445, ext. 156, at least 24 hours in advance.
Between July 2015 and June 2016, SPARK! provided 26 cultural programs to 287 adults with Alzheimer’s disease and other types of memory loss.
2017 program dates
- Saturday, April 22: Timeslips Storytelling
- Friday, April 28: Timeslips Storytelling
- Friday, May 12: Terrariums
- Friday, May 26: Tie Dyed Silk Scarves
- Saturday, May 27: Tie Dyed Silk Scarves
- Friday, June 9: Floral Arranging
- Saturday, June 24: Floral Arranging
- Saturday, July 22: Meditative Rock Gardens
- Saturday, August 26: Terrariums
- Friday, September 15: Memorial Union “Terrace Chair” Painting
- Saturday, September 23: Stained Glass Fall Images
- Friday, September 29: Stained Glass Fall Images
- Friday, October 13: Meditative Designs
- Friday, October 27: Glass Coasters
- Saturday, October 28: Glass Coasters
- Friday, November 10: Ceramic Jewelry
- Saturday, November 18: Cookie Decorating
Fifteen museums serving Wisconsin and Minnesota residents are extending their cultural and historical collections to create meaningful experiences for older adults with dementia and their caregivers. The SPARK! Alliance connects the museums with local partners in healthy aging to bring the model to museums, senior centers and programming organizations throughout the Midwest. SPARK! provides an opportunity for those with dementia and their caregivers to enjoy arts and artifacts in a comfortable setting, guided by trained docents and volunteers.