- Programs & Events
- Parties & Rentals
Why a gift membership?
The science is clear. Psychologists have shown that experiences create long-lasting happiness compared to material purchases.
A gift of membership to Madison Children’s Museum is a gift of happiness. Pleasure in planning and eagerly anticipating the next visit. Merriment in navigating the Hodge Podge Mahal climber. Contentment in feeding Opal the chicken on the Rooftop Ramble. Delight in illuminating shape and form in the Shadow Room.
Play is so much more than fun. Pediatricians know that play is essential to development, which includes cognitive, physical, social, and emotional well-being. In fact, play is so important that the United Nations lists it as a fundamental right of every child. Because families come to the museum together, a membership means endless opportunities for families to engage and bond with each other. Play is fun, but play also has purpose.
What are the benefits of membership?
Every Membership Level gets…
Unlimited Free Admission
- For all named individuals
- NEW! Member Morning — On the third open Saturday of each month, the museum opens early for members from 8 – 9:30 a.m.
- Early registration to summer camps
- Invitations to free Member Parties, including the annual Pajama Party
- Sneak peeks of new exhibits
- 10% discount on all museum purchases, including The Roman Candle Sparkler, Birthday Parties, Summer Camps, Adult Swim, and Gift Shop items
- Discounts with our 10% Partners
- Discounts at Overture Center and Children’s Theater of Madison
Family and Family Plus members get…
Reciprocal Admission Benefits
- Free general admission to hundreds of science and technology museums
- 50% off admission at children’s museums around the country
How much does a membership cost?
Bonus Benefit Key
|Free admission with Association of Science and Technology Center reciprocal network museums.|
|50% off admission with Association of Children’s Museums reciprocal network museums.|
How do I purchase?
Online — Click here to get started immediately.
In Person — Download the registration form and bring it to the front desk on your next visit or fill out a registration form at the front desk.
By Mail — Download the registration form and mail it to 100 N. Hamilton St. Madison, WI 53703.
Over the Phone — Call our membership manager at 608.354.0550.
What can I give as a gift?
- Memberships can take more than 8 weeks to mail, depending on the time of year they are purchased. We recommend sending the membership cards directly to the recipient and giving them the printable gift certificate as a gift (see below).
Printable Gift Certificate
- All online purchases will receive a confirmation email which has a link to a writable PDF that you can print and give as a gift.
- If you don’t purchase online, email the membership manger to get a PDF that you can print and give as a gift.
Physical Gift Certificate
- Come buy a gift membership in person at the museum and ask the front desk for a gift certificate.
- Call the membership manager at 608.354.0550 to have a gift certificate mailed to you for a $4 charge.
- Renewing an active membership will add 12 months to the current expiration date, so there will be no lost time for renewing early.
- Memberships are active immediately upon payment and giftees can attend the museum using an ID until their membership cards arrive.