- Programs & Events
- Parties & Rentals
Kids for Peace Celebration
Join us for the 20th annual Kids for Peace Celebration!
Kids for Peace Day was launched as an annual celebration in September 1997 by community volunteer Mariah Miller. The event celebrates the United Nations International Day of Peace on September 21. Our events feature youth and adult performers, and community art projects to promote cross-cultural understanding and celebration children’s contributions to creating a more peace-filled world.
2016 Schedule of Events
- September 1 – 21: Join our 21 Day Kindness Challenge. Share your acts of kindness with us on social media using the hashtags #madisonchildrensmuseum and #actsofkindness
- All month, the Art Studio will have supplies and projects to support acts of kindness and peace.
- Saturday, September 17: 20th annual Kids for Peace Day. Featured performers include Call for Peace Drum & Dance Company, Suzuki Strings of Madison, Kalaanjali School of Dance & Music, Dhia Seev Hmong Dance Teams, Mama Edie Armstrong, and Rich Baumann. Special exhibition: Call for Peace: Madison to Belfast.
- Sunday, September 18: MCM Kids for Peace group in the Willy Street Fair Parade, 11 a.m. We’ll release pigeons from the Willy Street Fair Kid’s Stage at 12:30 p.m. They will carry messages of peace and kindness back to MCM.
- Wednesday, September 21: Celebrate International Day of Peace with free admission all day, performances and art activities. We’ll be open until 8 p.m.! Featured performers include Stuart Stotts (6 pm), and Nimo Patel (7 pm)